You must enter a tour map code in the appropriate field when editing your tour in order for it to be displayed here
We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Skiing on a Snowshoe String in Japan
Self-guided Japan ski adventure for the independent spirit short on time and budget
7 Nights: from AU$2349 per person (twin share)
Spend four nights at a very friendly lodge in Hakuba, one of Japan’s best ski resorts, sandwiched by nights in Tokyo with time for cultural sightseeing in the country’s capital.
- Ski or snowboard in Hakuba
- Stay amongst the bright lights of Tokyo’s Shinjuku district
- Enjoy Japanese après ski and hot spring baths
- Spend a free day sightseeing in Tokyo
The itinerary starts and finishes in Tokyo’s Shinjuku district, the capital’s high-rise, neon-spangled business and entertainment hub. You’ll stay in an excellent tourist hotel close to Shinjuku Station, just a stone’s throw from a dazzling array of department stores, restaurants, karaoke bars, pachinko parlours and even the odd cat café.
You’ll then take a direct train from Tokyo up to Hakuba, high in the Japanese Alps. Hakuba is actually seven ski resorts in one: Happo One, Hakuba 47, Goryu, Iwatake, Tsugaike, Sanosaka and Highland Minegatta. We’ve included an all-valley lift pass that covers all the areas, so whatever your ability you definitely won’t run out of slopes to explore!
You will be staying at a fantastic lodge just a short walk from the main Happo gondola, as well as plenty of restaurants, bars and all-important onsen hot springs in the centre of Hakuba. If you don’t fancy eating out or are on a tight budget, the lodge has a kitchen that guests are free to use. The best thing about the lodge are the staff, who speak excellent English, love their winter sports and will provide a wealth of useful advice and information to help you get the most from your stay.
Like all our Self-Guided Adventures, this package is completely flexible – so if you’d like us to add equipment hire, skiing or snowboarding lessons, or perhaps a day trip to see the famous snow monkeys of Yudanaka Onsen, please let your travel consultant know.
- Seven nights accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Breakfast every day
- Five-day JR East Flexi Pass, which covers all transport between destinations and airports
- Hakuba all-valley ski lift pass
- Your personalised InsideJapan Info-Pack
What’s NOT included:
- International flights
- Local transport (buses, subways, taxis) at any destination unless otherwise specified
- Any entrance fees including those for shrines, temples and museums
- Baggage handling or luggage forwarding
- Ski equipment hire