You must enter a tour map code in the appropriate field when editing your tour in order for it to be displayed here
We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
The Path of Apostle Paul – Greece to Turkey
This unique 15-day spiritual and historical tour for families and private groups comprises a 7-night overland tour from Kavala to Athens, and a 7-night tall-ship cruise of the Aegean Sea to Ephesus, returning to Athens.
15-day cruise-tour – Saturday 25th April to Saturday 9th May 2020
On his second journey to spread Christianity, the Apostle Paul traveled from Turkey to Greece – from Macedonia in the north to Athens in the south, before returning by sailing ship to Ephesus in Turkey.
Paul, whose name was originally Saul, was a Roman citizen and a Pharisee. He experienced a powerful vision that caused him to convert to Christianity while travelling to Damascus. He was then baptized with the name of Paul.
Paul led a very adventurous life and this tour encourages us to relive part of that adventure by following in his footsteps on his second mission to Greece.
In Troas (Troy), Turkey he experienced a call from God to set sail and spread the Gospel in Europe. He first landed in Neapolis, Macedonia (now Kavala, Northern Greece). He then started a series of journeys through Macedonia, Greece, Italy, the Holy Land, and Spain to spread the Word.
The first part of our journey is a 7-night guided coach tour through mainland Greece from Kavala in Macedonia to Athens and Corinth in the south.
This is completed by a 7-night Aegean Sea sailing aboard the glorious 4-masted Star Flyer to the Turkish port of Kusadasi, to visit ancient Ephesus. At the time of the Apostle Paul, Ephesus was a coastal trading port at the end of the Silk Road. However, due to the silting up of the coastal area it has become an inland archaeological site.
As we sail through the Aegean Sea, stopping off at various islands along the way, you’ll find yourself eagerly anticipating the revelation of where you will awake each morning and the new adventures that await.
Our 2-week journey ends back in the Athens port of Piraeus.
Cruise tour highlights
- Philippi where Paul established the first church in Europe
- Mt Athos, considered the holiest place in Modern Greece
- the awe-inspiring Meteora monasteries of Kalambaka
- archaeology sites of historical Athens
- 7-night Northern Cyclades modern clipper cruise aboard Star Flyer
- Guided visit of Ephesus and the house of Virgin Mary
- Greek island of Patmos and the Monastery of the Apocalypse
- Island of Amorgós’ cliff-clinging monastery of Hozoviotissas
- 15-day tour : from $7,950 per person twin share
- Single supplement : + 35%
- Child rates available upon request
- Airfares not included – please enquire for best available airfares at time of booking
- Room and cabin upgrades available – please enquire
Optional cruise-tour add-ons
Pre-tour – 18-25 April 2020 – Apostle Paul’s Turkey – 8 days
Istanbul – Antioch—Cappadocia – Troas – Gallipoli – Kavala (Greece)
Post-tour – 09-14 May 2019 – Ancient Greece – 5 days
Piraeus – Nafplion – Olympia – Delphi – Athens Airport
NB Prices subject to availability and currency fluctuations at time of booking