You must enter a tour map code in the appropriate field when editing your tour in order for it to be displayed here
2-9 April 2020 – featuring Corryong’s, Man From Snowy River Bush Festival
Victoria’s High Country is an area of outstanding interest and beauty that features national parks and wildlife, Victoria’s highest mountains, alpine rivers, snow resorts, pastoral lands, quaint villages, vineyards and a rich history including gold discovery, pioneering cattlemen, bushrangers and bush arts and crafts.
Tragically, this beautiful region has been one of the worst impacted by the 2019-2020 cataclysmic bushfires.
So, Newport Travel has worked together with the local tour operators and small businesses to put together this outstanding 8-day discovery tour of Victoria’s stunning High Country.
We like to also call it our Bushfire Bounce Back Tour. This is our way of supporting our fire-affected communities which are now both open for business, and have so much to offer the curious and adventurous traveller.
We at Newport Travel see tourism as key to helping local communities bounce back from the bush fire devastation, both socially and economically.
Why these dates?
Not only is it time to celebrate the end of the bushfire season and the arrival of the awesome alpine, autumn colours… it coincides with the iconic MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER BUSH FESTIVAL at Corryong.
- group coach transfer to and from Central Station, from Newport
- 1st class train travel to Albury, and returning from Wangaratta
- Local coach drivers and licensed guides for the 8-day tour on arrival into Albury
- 2 nights accommodation at The Paddlesteamer Motel in Albury
- 2 nights at the Attunga Lodge or similar in Falls Creek
- 3 nights accommodation at the Hermitage Motor Inn or similar
- Day pass at the Man From Snowy River Bush Festival with tickets to the poem re-enactment
- Services of a Newport Travel tour leader throughout
Here are just some of the things that you will love about this 8-day tour:
- Spend a day at the iconic Man From Snowy River Bush Festival in Corryong with tickets to the re-enactment of the famous poem
- Meander through the pretty heritage-listed gold-mining village of Yackandandah and discover unique artworks, crafts, music and antiques in the eclectic mix of galleries, shops and studios.
- Enjoy farm-to-table meals and sample local craft brewed beer with a backdrop of autumn colours in the alpine villages of Mount Beauty and Bright
- Experience the great outdoors and alpine history at the Falls Creek and Mount Buller ski resorts
- Sample the local cool-climate wines of King Valley and Glenrowan, the latter also infamously known as Ned Kelly country
- Enjoy a silo art tour by coach and a locally-guided street art walking tour in Benalla, home to Australia’s Wall to Wall Street Art Festival.
Who this tour is for
The escorted tour is aimed at groups of families and friends of all ages, with single travellers also very welcome.
Prices start at $2,490 per person twin share, or $6,980 for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children under 12).
For more information, a full itinerary or to book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Newport Travel on 9997 1277.